We all know the ‘golden rule’: treat people how you’d like to be treated. But is that what people really want? I mean, it’s not all about you, is it? I think people want to be treated the way they want to be treated.
And that requires a different skill. Read on to learn more. Or, if you’re pressed for time, watch this video. 🙂
How do you treat others as they want?
Treating others as they want requires something other than self-knowledge.
- It requires emotional intelligence.
- You need to be socially aware.
- You need to pay attention to subtle cues.
- Most importantly: You need to ask people what they want.
Chances are that their answers about what they want will differ from your assumptions.
Creative challenge: Treat others as they want to be treated
When you always do unto others as you’d have them do onto you, you treat everyone the same.
But no one is like you.
That’s why it’s so important to understand what they need.
That’s your challenge:
- Refrain from making assumptions about how what people want
- Ask them how they’d like you to handle something
- Treat them as they’d like to be treated
- Enjoy greater harmony as you give them that gift of understanding
Let me know how it goes by commenting below or tagging @trulykristi on social. 🙂
Don’t miss a challenge! Become a creative alchemist and start getting unstuck.